It's just had 2 doses of roundup, to kill the bg and thistles. It never got sown in the autumn which was probably a mistake. I don't even know why I didn't now, because I also failed to drill a spring crop because it was so wet so late.
It's got a cover crop recently sown into it but not emerging very well due to the drought.
So no, I haven't decided against it but waiting for something to go right!
It has been suggested to me that even if I get a good clover established post harvest it won’t be thriving enough this autumn to put a wheat in to it so I have a 10ac field destined for spring barley and I think I’ll give it a go in there and then try get a wheat in next autumn