i can see the case for aspen, but tbh if you use a good fully synthetic 2 stroke and super unleaded it doesent give any problems. plenty of my stuff has been left for over 12 mths at a time and no issues.Only rubbish here is your opinion..
It's a fact that regular petrol produces vastly larger amounts of noxious and harmful fumes than alkylate does. Maybe you are one of those who doesn't get a headache and/or irritated eyes from being around a 2 stroke engine running regular petrol but that doesn't mean the fumes are not affecting you.
Add the fact that alkylate is pure petrol which means really long shelf life and never any problems with fuel gunking up and there really is no reason for anyone not to spend the extra 20% or so for alkylate!