Load sensing hydraulic couplers?


Just bought an used forage wagon, and need to connect to the blanked off load sensing connections. Is there a recognised common standard? So that my wagon/ tractor would be instantly compatable with others. I'm guessing it's a 3/4" female for the return.1/2" female for the pressure connection.. and 3/8 or1/4 " for the load sensing pipe? Thanks


Dutch biblebelt
The sensing line is a smaller size then the normal couplers on a tractor, otherwise I have seen plenty different couplers. I have one second hand tractor that already had 3/4 inch couplers so I stuck with that.
If I had to start again I would use the same couplers as my contractor. So if you share machines with someone who already uses LS I'd go with that. Otherwise, go for 3/4 inch couplers and don't get the same for pressure and return (like female for pressure and male for return so you can't mix them up).

Jim B

Theres no set standard, things seem to vary a bit. However, normally on new machines I have seen;

1/2" in male pressure
3/4" female return
3/8" male load sensing

Make Tax Digital Software Poll

  • Quickbooks

    Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Sage

    Votes: 13 8.7%
  • Xero

    Votes: 65 43.6%
  • Other

    Votes: 44 29.5%

Five nature-recovery projects spanning 100,000ha launched

  • 95
  • 1
Written by Michelle Martin from Agriland

Five nature-recovery projects spanning nearly 100,000ha across the West Midlands, Cambridgeshire, the Peak District, Norfolk and Somerset have been announced by the government and Natural England today (Thursday, May 26).

This is the equivalent in size to all 219 current National Reserves.

The aim of the projects is to deliver nature recovery at a landscape scale, helping to tackle biodiversity loss, climate change and improve public health and well-being.

All five projects will make a significant contribution towards the national delivery of the international commitment to protect at least 30% of land and...