If you have silage and room I would hang off a bit. Beef price is going up and when the sun shines and the grass appears the wobble will disappear. I’m in the same situation here intend cashing some soon but not keen on selling them when they are back.Do I sell my 11/12 month old stores in next couple week or hold another month to 6 week . Plenty of silage and shed room here, guy feeling is buyers want to buy cattle straight for grass in months time .
Bit of a late spring , so buyers holding , but not for long I suspectIf you have silage and room I would hang off a bit. Beef price is going up and when the sun shines and the grass appears the wobble will disappear. I’m in the same situation here intend cashing some soon but not keen on selling them when they are back.
Only problem with waiting is that alot of grazing men are planning on keeping less and using less fert, which means they may be filled up by time you sell.I think I will hold until mid April . There just at the stage of loosing there winter coat gaining summer coat too
My crystal ball fell off the table since events have occurred around the world, but I doubt very much that store cattle will increase in value per kg than they are at present and could possibly fall a little.
There will be less grass as less fertilizer will be used to grow it.
There will be less surplus and waste food and what there is will be more expensive, transport costs will see to that.
Feeding grain to finish cattle will be a very expensive hobby.
It is hard to see why demand for the better cattle will increase much with people saving money or not having so much then the demand for cows and therefore mince for burgers will stay strong.
A number of people I have spoken to are going to run less cattle and keep them for longer in the hope that weight will get them out of trouble from a long grazing season. Ok if you own the ground, not so good if you have a rent to pay!!