Seed is going to be an issue going forward, I have some over year C2 in that I can dress for next year. The breeder it came from may have planted some over year C1 for seed but I haven't heard anything yet. Sad really it's a bloody great wheat for me either as a first or a 2nd but particularly as a second as it gives that early chance for OSR.Having not grown it for years we put a field in with the intention of saving it for seed. Nothing we have tried yet seems to fit that early harvest slot. Complete seed failure (suspect it was redressed 2020 seed) put paid to that.
I’m not sure it is counter intuitive.Just seems a tad counter intuitive to increase row width and put the same number if seeds in. If you're getting good emergence with soil moisture etc, and not the bg flushes from moving less soul, and drilling pretty early then I'd be thinking of cutting seed rates. Ah the days of drilling 90kg/ha of Claire in the first couple of days in September.
I’d be very wary of reducing seed rates in a high BG situation.Agree. Need to try some different rates