T1

Unless I've missed it, surprised this discussion hasn't started. Just about to start our earliest wheat. Have mid October Extase and Zyatt to do. Was planning CTL + epoxi, but now next week is looking wetter, do I drop some Imtrex in to make it up to equivalent of 0.8l/ha of Adexar?
 

Two Tone

Member
Mixed Farmer
Unless I've missed it, surprised this discussion hasn't started. Just about to start our earliest wheat. Have mid October Extase and Zyatt to do. Was planning CTL + epoxi, but now next week is looking wetter, do I drop some Imtrex in to make it up to equivalent of 0.8l/ha of Adexar?
How about trying a tramline or two without any fungicide on the Extase to see how it copes?
 

Steevo

Member
Location
Gloucestershire
You haven’t missed it. Crops are a bit later this year and variable growth stages. A few of us discussed T1 in passing in another thread.

Looking like CTL/Teb here, possibly some with Proline instead, with or without added strob.

T2 needs to go on before 20th May! ;)
 
Agronomist says generally finding quite a bit of yellow rust around in our area.

Going ctl and epoxi (extra teb or strob in a field that has yellow rust - which was treated same as others at T0).

Crops currently going backwards due to drought. So don't want to (and don't think necessary to) spend a fortune on them.

Septoria pressure very low up to now.

Difficulty for me is timing the application. Want to get on today, before any showers Sunday. BUT, would like to see more target leaf emerged first. Waiting for as late as possible today, or if showers look less likely for sunday then I will leave it until beginning of next week. Yorkshire.
 
Last edited:
here epox plus ctl
it is so dry septoria needs rain so ctl as a protectant will keep it out an eradicant is not needed
as i have ctl i will be using it at t1.5 to protect the 2nd leaf
growth stage here on September elicit is at leaf 4 for most tillers with the most forward 10% just showing the 3rd leaf
most years t1 is timed too early if you are not carefull
as i have less than 1 days wheat spraying it will not be hard to time the application accurately
if it turns wet then a descent t2 will be needed but is it stays dry covering rust and a cheap septoria protectant is all that will return more than it costs

it is lining up to be a low cost year for fungicide
 

Fromebridge

Member
BASIS
Location
Glos
Unless I've missed it, surprised this discussion hasn't started. Just about to start our earliest wheat. Have mid October Extase and Zyatt to do. Was planning CTL + epoxi, but now next week is looking wetter, do I drop some Imtrex in to make it up to equivalent of 0.8l/ha of Adexar?
Extase - no significant disease issues so epoxi + CTL would do
Zyatt - potential yellow rust is only concern so epoxi + CTL would do.

Tidy as Friday.
 

T Hectares

Member
Location
Berkshire
Late October drilled wheat getting done today, Barrel, Basset, Firefly and Elicit getting 1ltr Tracker + 1ltr Bravo
Crops looking good after last Friday 20mm
Catchy forecast for the next week here
 

fudge

Member
Arable Farmer
Location
Lincolnshire.
Unless I've missed it, surprised this discussion hasn't started. Just about to start our earliest wheat. Have mid October Extase and Zyatt to do. Was planning CTL + epoxi, but now next week is looking wetter, do I drop some Imtrex in to make it up to equivalent of 0.8l/ha of Adexar?
Personally I would put the sdhi on the Zyatt. I don’t think you will need many KG of group one to pay for it!! Of course there are many on this forum who know more about prices than I do!!
 

Brisel

Member
NFFN Member
Location
North Yorkshire
T1 applications finished here yesterday. Leaf 2 out in early October sown Graham.

0.55 Proline + 1 CTL. T0 of CTL + teb 3 weeks ago. Hoping I don’t see any yellow rust developing but prepared to go again with a leaf 2/GS37 dose to stay the right side of 20th May for the remaining CTL in the store. Normally I'd do a SDHI at T1 but that's in wetter weather, higher disease pressure and risk conditions in thicker crops. I know you're supposed to be preventing septoria not trying to chase it afterwards but IMO we need to manage what's in front of us.

Final N dose going on today.
 
Last edited:

Steevo

Member
Location
Gloucestershire
T1 applications finished here yesterday. Leaf 2 out in early October sown Graham.

0.55 Proline + 1 CTL. T0 of CTL + teb 3 weeks ago. Hoping I don’t see any yellow rust developing but prepared to go again with a leaf 2/GS37 dose to stay the right side of 20th May for the remaining CTL in the store. Normally I'd do a SDHI at T1 but that's in wetter weather, higher disease pressure and risk conditions in thicker crops. I know you're supposed to be preventing septoria not trying to chase it afterwards but IMO we need to manage what's in front of us.

Final N dose going on today.

Someone's organised. I'm guessing you've got a quite a bit of forward/Oct sown wheat then.
 

Brisel

Member
NFFN Member
Location
North Yorkshire
Someone's organised. I'm guessing you've got a quite a bit of forward/Oct sown wheat then.

It was all sown in October. Some looks pretty thin & there are some bare patches but I've yet to see anything better sown much later. I've been dissecting plants to identify the leaf and it's definitely leaf 3 I've hit. Flag leaf tips showing in some Siskin this morning. Lush green, so it's not stress that's making it go through the growth stages. St George's day is roughly the T1 timing for "normally" drilled wheat timings & that was 2 days ago.
 

T Hectares

Member
Location
Berkshire
T1 has come quicker than I'd anticipated.
Basset drilled 22nd Oct below
IMAG4154.jpg

Really good timing imo 2 weeks and 3 days from the CTL T0 and showery weather on it's way
IMAG4161.jpg
 

robbie

Member
BASIS
Yellow rust is easy to find on jb Diego.
20200425_143156.jpg


This was a headland corner that missed the t0 spray of teb. T1 will be epoxi maybe with a strobe chucked in aswell plus ctl. Hopefully in the next day or two ahead of the elusive rain we might not get.
 

robbie

Member
BASIS
I dissected my most forward wheat and leaf 3 is fully emerged and the tip of lead 2 is just visible. Hopefully get t1 on next week before the rain.

I'm wondering do I do epoxi and ctl T1 then come back with the stobe as a T1.5 to protect leaf 2 or do I chuck it all in for T1.
 

New report underlines need for joined-up action to protect rivers

  • 51
  • 0
New report underlines need for joined-up action to protect rivers

Written by Defra Press Office

A wide river is in view in a valley in the background, a drystone wall is behind the river, and large, green trees are prominent in the scene.


The Rivers Trust has today launched its State of Our Rivers report aiming to allow the English public understand and explore the health of their rivers on a national and local scale.

Environment Minister Rebecca Pow and Environment Agency Director John Leyland attended the launch panel to discuss the ways in which the...
Top