Telegraph Poles.

Discussion in 'Tenant Farming, Subsidies, BPS & Legal Issues' started by Skimmer, Dec 4, 2018.

  1. Skimmer

    Skimmer Member

    North Notts
    Who should get the rent payment on long term tenancy's Tenant or Landlord.
    thanks Mark.
  2. Tim G

    Tim G Member

    Wormingford, Essex
    As a tenant I say tenant should, but I don't get it. My argument is that I have the inconvenience and cost of working round them, landlord has the benifit (not that it comes to much).
    In my previous employment, if we took on ground we took wayleaves but paid drainage which generally balanced out.
    Skimmer likes this.
  3. Pilgrimmick

    Pilgrimmick Member

    Suspect there is no set law, depends on the contract. I expect where open to interpretation the landlord would get it!
  4. Lazy Sod

    Lazy Sod Member

    As far I can remember, there are two components to it. The rent for the land part goes to the landlord, and the compensation for the inconvenience goes to the tenant. An owner occupier should obviously get both parts.

    Edit: Here I am referring to electricity poles, I imagine it's the same with telephone poles.
  5. Brisel

    Brisel Member

    The tenant should, but the landlord probably does.
    JCMaloney likes this.
  6. Lazy Sod

    Lazy Sod Member

    Well that's how it was for me. I'm retired now, but for the 50 years of my tenancy, I received a nice little cheque each year for the electricity poles. I only had 1 telephone pole, for which I received a cheque each year for £3.
    I think that it cost 70p to pay it in. They wouldn't pay by BACS or give me a lump sum to buy it out.

Share This Page