Community foods

dinderleat

Member
Location
Wells
Anyone remember when community foods were purchased by mmb? Dad rang to try and speak to the MD to see if there were any dividends to be payed on the shares but alas they were two busy. Anyone know any more information? A long time before my time.
The main reason I think they bought the company was to fund any pension liabilities?


Seems a fairly profitable busines though
 

vantage

Member
Location
Pembs
Anyone remember when community foods were purchased by mmb? Dad rang to try and speak to the MD to see if there were any dividends to be payed on the shares but alas they were two busy. Anyone know any more information? A long time before my time.
The main reason I think they bought the company was to fund any pension liabilities?


Seems a fairly profitable busines though
Didn’t they go bust?
 
I thought they went bust due to the pension liability and the current owners bought it out of liquidation so it no longer belongs to the former owners. But I could have that wrong.
 

dinderleat

Member
Location
Wells
I thought they went bust due to the pension liability and the current owners bought it out of liquidation so it no longer belongs to the former owners. But I could have that wrong.
Yes found some more information management buy out of 85% leaving 15% to pay for the pension contributions.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
167,506
Messages
3,824,110
Members
42,012
Latest member
Mill Street

Get to grips with grain markets at Cereals 2020

  • 136
  • 0
1581769747301.png


Grain marketing is a key aspect of any arable business, yet getting the best out of it can be tricky. That’s why the Cereals Event has introduced a new feature for 2020.

The Grain Exchange is a platform covering every element of grain markets, from innovative crops and new market opportunities, to budgeting and risk management. “The Grain Exchange is an incredibly useful new element and we are really looking forward to the seminars we have lined up,”...
Top