Keeping Old Paperwork

Discussion in 'Tenant Farming, Subsidies, BPS & Legal Issues' started by Lazy Sod, Nov 9, 2018.

  1. Lazy Sod

    Lazy Sod Member

    Now that I'm fully retired, I want to have a clear out, Mrs LS wants an extra filing cabinet drawer.

    I know that for HMRC, I should keep it for the previous 6 years, but what about SPS, BPS, NVZ and Cross Compliance? I rang the Defra helpline and was told 10 years, but I can't imagine that's right.
  2. Lili

    Lili Member

    If in doubt keep it. Have you still got the farm/ground? Other option would be to scan it and save on computer/memory stick if you've got time. Enjoy your retirement.
  3. Netherfield

    Netherfield Member

    West Yorkshire
    10 years! , oh feck
  4. Lazy Sod

    Lazy Sod Member

    QUOTE="Lili, post: 5662670, member: 60908"]Have you still got the farm/ground?[/QUOTE]

    No, I surrendered my tenancy in September 2017.
  5. Still Farming

    Still Farming Member

    Glamorgan Wales
    If you want to prove something keep it.
    Otherwise they got to prove it.
    Like said stick on cloud if you get time ?
  6. curlietailz

    curlietailz Member

    I still have my grandads ledgers from 1920,s onwards !!!
    Keep everything here
  7. Lazy Sod

    Lazy Sod Member

    The agent who sold my entitlements for me has told me 6 years, so that's what I'll do.
  8. Hindsight

    Hindsight Member

    I had a clear out yesterday of farmers weeklys 2004 - 2008! Many of the front page pictures and headlines could easily have been written today! But joy of joys I also stumbled across my Arsenal vs Liverpool 1979 Charity Shield programme that somehow had become lodged in same pile of papers.

Share This Page