Linking Different Holding Numbers


Livestock Farmer
I have a CPH number for some fields around the farm where I keep my sheep.
I would like to rent out some sheds on my CPH to another local farmer who has cows and needs some extra room to house them.
He has his own CPH number and his farm is very close to me.

Can he link my two sheds to his holding number? If that is the case, does it mean that he does not need to report every movement of his cattle?

Any help at all would be very welcome!!


Up here in Scotland the farms need to be land linked to link holdings.

Once linked I don't inform scotmoves/bcms of any movements but still record them in my movement book.


Thanks for your reply: anyone got an idea about Wales ... or how to find the answer?! Thanks so much.
Yes, he needs contact Welsh Government via RPW Online and apply for a 'TLA' - Temporary Land Association. Once its done you should be notified by letter.


Livestock Farmer
That's really useful thank you. I couldn't find the information about that anywhere and it's exactly what we need!
  • Like
Reactions: ERL
milk sheep

Rejuvenating swards: Which option is best?

  • 346
  • 0

Written by Brian McDonnell

Maintaining grass quality during mid-season grazing is important. Farmers can maintain quality by entering ideal grazing covers of 1,300 – 1,500kg DM/ha, and grazing down to a residual of 4cm every rotation.

If you are now in a situation where cows are not cleaning out paddocks as well as they should be, leading to the development of steamy grass within the sward, here are some options.

Common options for rejuvenating swards include:

  1. Take a silage cut, probably into bales, remove the material and start again with the aftermath...