T2

T Hectares

Member
Location
Berkshire
I’m going for Revystar at T2, potential and prices are good and you should be able to shave a few ££/ha of that Revystar price 😉 @teslacoils

Not spent much so far and depending on T3 should be £75-80 on Firefly and Elicit
 

teslacoils

Member
Location
Lincolnshire
I've spent a lot. Well, not really as it was all stock anyway and who wants to be left with opus after its use by date? Or three year old amistar? So crops look well and no disease despite it looking like 20 days of wet, humid weather since T1.

I've not got a price yet but heard it was c£450 for a ten litre tub.

Very limited Aviator left. Ascara I can get.

Just feels a very heavy fungicide use in the "dry" east. Can't imagine the septoria in the wet west.
 

T Hectares

Member
Location
Berkshire
I've spent a lot. Well, not really as it was all stock anyway and who wants to be left with opus after its use by date? Or three year old amistar? So crops look well and no disease despite it looking like 20 days of wet, humid weather since T1.

I've not got a price yet but heard it was c£450 for a ten litre tub.

Very limited Aviator left. Ascara I can get.

Just feels a very heavy fungicide use in the "dry" east. Can't imagine the septoria in the wet west.
You’re probably more a rust risk than sept (depending on variety) ??

My second choice would’ve been Ascra but I’d used Aviator at T1 so didn’t want use the same actives again, a bit less Sept pressure and more of a rust focus I’d have gone for Elatus I reckon
 

cricketandcrops

Member
Arable Farmer
Location
Lincolnshire
0.75 Revystar or 0.8 Elatus or 1.2 Ascra all within pence per ha of each other........was favouring Elatus due to excellent rust control but still 7-10 days off T2 so will see what weather we get between now and then and forecast
 

Secret Agronomist

Member
Arable Farmer
0.75 Revystar or 0.8 Elatus or 1.2 Ascra all within pence per ha of each other........was favouring Elatus due to excellent rust control but still 7-10 days off T2 so will see what weather we get between now and then and forecast
Yes, thats the options I'm looking at and not a huge difference.
Given that "here" we always do a robust T3 there may be an option to trim it a bit, but flag leaf wont be out here for a week and we have had a good amount of rain and crops are looking ok. What about adding Folpet?
 

robbie

Member
BASIS
Is the flopet worth bothering with??? For the cost of the folpet, which is what 8-10 quid a ha surely a 10ers worth of extra Sdhi mix would do more good.🤷

Don't know what I'll use at T2 yet I'm drawn towards ascra but may go with elatus if rust is about. At the moment I'm trying to work out what to do about T2 timings. I go on hols next Wednesday which is too early for T2 but don't get back until 5th June which will be 3 and a half weeks plus between T1 and T2. T1 was only teb so will have well and truly run out of steam by then. I'm consoling myself in the fact that the new Chems have kick back so I should be able to get myself out of stook if things go pear shaped in the mean time.

The other option is a T1.5 which I'm not keen on.
 

teslacoils

Member
Location
Lincolnshire
Are you also doing a spray miss like you do with biostimulants to see if the Revystar pays it's way?
No. I'm about trialed up at the moment. I'm tempted to do two different products to side by side them. But I've already got seed dressing trial in one field, and rolling trial in the other.

T2 too profitable to muck about too much.
 
Is the flopet worth bothering with??? For the cost of the folpet, which is what 8-10 quid a ha surely a 10ers worth of extra Sdhi mix would do more good.🤷

Don't know what I'll use at T2 yet I'm drawn towards ascra but may go with elatus if rust is about. At the moment I'm trying to work out what to do about T2 timings. I go on hols next Wednesday which is too early for T2 but don't get back until 5th June which will be 3 and a half weeks plus between T1 and T2. T1 was only teb so will have well and truly run out of steam by then. I'm consoling myself in the fact that the new Chems have kick back so I should be able to get myself out of stook if things go pear shaped in the mean time.

The other option is a T1.5 which I'm not keen on.
5th og june will be too late.
bang a decent product onto leaf 2 and tip of flag now. come back with decent ear wash. sleep easy on your hols.
 
If it keeps raining every other day into June then the full rate will pay

need a dry week to use lower rates or cheaper products

half a tonne a ha extra pays for a lot of chemical
wet years ( rain twice a week )the yield increases from high rates is 3 to 5 tonnes per ha

even the best disease resistance needs help

if it stopped raining after next week end till 20 June then lower rates would be fine here but forecast gives rain every day for a week
 

bobk

Member
Location
stafford
If it keeps raining every other day into June then the full rate will pay

need a dry week to use lower rates or cheaper products

half a tonne a ha extra pays for a lot of chemical
wet years ( rain twice a week )the yield increases from high rates is 3 to 5 tonnes per ha

even the best disease resistance needs help

if it stopped raining after next week end till 20 June then lower rates would be fine here but forecast gives rain every day for a week
My sheepman says we're having a big heatwave . he's normally spot on , he forecast this crap we're having now
 

AGCO reports sales increase of 43.5% compared to 2020 figures

  • 113
  • 0
Written by Agriland Team from Agriland

The tractor manufacturer AGCO, which consists of brands such as Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson and Valtra, reported its results for the second quarter ending June 30, 2021.

Net sales for the second quarter were approximately $2.9 billion, an increase of approximately 43.5% compared to the second quarter of 2020.

AEM

Reported net income was $3.73/share for the second quarter of 2021, and adjusted...
Top