Project Xerion.

At long last I’ve made a tentative start on the Xerion.

It’s been a long story of hassle and hold ups since I bought it in September and that shows no sign of letting up. Parts are desperately slow to arrive and to date, after ordering everything in early February the only things I’ve received are a tool box catch and a pair of headlights.

More bad news today, after being told the cab subframe would be here last week they are now saying mid May. That’s going to be cutting it very fine for me because I really need it mostly done by mid June before we start walking thousands of acres of standing crop.

Anyway, trying to keep on the up side, I’ve done a few bits and bobs. Had the new wheels and tyres fitted a while back. The old silver wheels and tyres are for sale if anybody wants a pair or one for a spare. Quite good tyres, easily capable of holding up a corner and keeping a tractor working for a day or two in the event of a tyre disaster. They are 710/60/42. I think! :D



CB2ABAC5-AA7B-443D-AC06-F3BB39AC2C81.jpeg
C57D2462-BCCE-4E0C-80FC-683370715CC5.jpeg
 
Master plan David is to shove the cab out front and lash the Bredal body on the back and go chucking dust up.

Simples. If I can get parts.

No real reasons why the delay, just desperately dragging their feet. I have a feeling somebody doesn't want me to show how easy it is to do.

Anyhow.............I have my people onto it. ;);)
 
Been looking forward to this thread.

What reason are they giving for the parts hold ups?

And the ratchet straps holding the steps up?

Ratchet straps holding steps temporarily because I removed the top plate to have a look see and didn't want the bother of replacing it just to go a few miles and get the tyres. The top plate braces the fuel tank.
 
No. Engine access looks a bit of a faff. But it won’t ever break down. :LOL::rolleyes:


Job for today, get the front and rear linkages off. Front links took twenty minutes. Christ, I’m good at this. Rear linkage taken 5 hrs so far and still not done!

These pins are seized in tight. No grease points anywhere.
85E9EE3A-A0B4-49AF-B394-C2DA02E172DC.jpeg


Had to make an extraction tool. Old knife coulter and a bit of tube. Luckily, the pins are the type with a threaded hole down the middle. They took some shifting but they did yield to my superior skills in the end.
07D8397C-02DA-4E2A-A7D6-E2AEB7FFCA83.jpeg


Linked the hydraulic pipes together to create a circuit.

Top pins won’t have it at all. Next job will be to take the whole top shaft off with rams attached. Bugger the pins.
 

davedb

Member
Location
Staffordshire
Quids in already. Found this spanner lurking on the top of the rear axle. View attachment 789184


Front links all gone. Planning on a nice stainless tool box here somewhere.
View attachment 789182

Losing the linkages to lose weight. I reckon over a quarter of a tonne easy.
Sounds like quite a simple frame to mount the cab then if no tipping involved will off been mear peanuts of claas I bet:whistle::D
 

Forum statistics

Threads
175,885
Messages
4,012,280
Members
44,046
Latest member
Seamus Donnelly

Project Lamport 2020

  • 315
  • 0

Project Lamport, now in its seventh year, is the UK’s leading R&D trials event. The original concept aimed to develop a cultural approach to blackgrass control, but has since evolved over the years. The site now explores improving soil health, as well as a comprehensive research project that investigates the impact of cultivations, compaction and cover crops on soil structure, organic matter and microbiology.

Expect weekly updates on Project Lamport, allowing you to participate in the entire journey rather than just the final product. These updates conclude with the official Project Lamport site demonstration and a live Q&A with our experts on the 15th of July.

Read more about the different systems at...
Top