The Cereals Event will go ahead as planned on the 30th of June, despite the delay in the lifting of lockdown restrictions, as it will still comply with local and national legislative measures, organisers have confirmed.
As an outdoor agricultural event, Cereals will not be affected by the delay in the final easing of lockdown restrictions, meaning it will be going ahead and open to all ticket holders as planned.
Approval for events is granted by the local authority unless the UK was moving back into full lockdown on a national level. This week the Lincolnshire Safety Advisory Group reconfirmed their approval for Cereals to happen based on the latest news, explains event organiser, Alli McEntyre. “We are really pleased to reassure visitors that the event is definitely going ahead without restrictions and in line with all regulations. Outdoor agricultural events have been approved to happen since Phase 2 which began on 12 April 2021. These events have proven a minimal risk of infection transmission due to plentiful space, fresh air and sunlight.”
The full line-up of seminars will take place in open-sided marquees for fresh air flow. Hand sanitisers will be available across the site. Exhibition stands are spread across more space and have passed health & safety tests as monitored by Abraxys, a leading UK-based health & safety management company. Visitors will be able to pass between different stands and arenas without any concerns. Visitors and exhibitors are welcome to wear masks and socially distance if that provides an additional level of comfort.
Cereals has been working closely with leading health and safety advisors from Abraxys & X-Venture Global Risk Solutions as well as the local Lincolnshire Safety Advisory Group and Cereals exhibitors to ensure the event is safe and secure for all participants. “I’m delighted to be working with the Cereals team to deliver a safe and enjoyable event for everyone,” adds Simon Garrett, Managing Director of X-Venture Global Risk Solutions.
“Beyond the biosecurity measures, it really is business as usual,” says Ms McEntyre. “There will be the opportunity to get into the Soil Hole, view the
Crop Plots and observe the Syngenta Sprays and Sprayers Arena, as well as the new Inter Row Weeding Demos, Direct Drill Demos & Drone Zone. Visitors can be confident in attending the event as we have implemented all necessary health and safety procedures to ensure the site is Covid-secure and compliant with the latest guidance. We want everyone to feel safe and to have a great day out,” she adds.
The Cereals Event will be held in Lincolnshire on 30 June – 1 July 2021 and will comply with all required biosecurity measures against Covid-19. For more information or to register for tickets visit www.cerealsevent.co.uk
- The Cereals Event is the leading technical event for the UK arable industry with over 45ha of stands and live demonstrations including areas dedicated to agronomy, technology, machinery, business, education, environment and renewable energy.
- Cereals is organised by Comexposium, global events organiser whose agricultural events includes Fruit Focus (UK), SIMA (France), SIPSA SIMA (Algeria), SIMA Asean (Thailand), Sitevi (France), and Sitevinetech (China) and Sitevinetech (Argentina).
- Over 360 leading suppliers exhibit at Cereals with the very latest products, advice and information; providing visitors with a complete one-stop service from seeds to sprayers, crop varieties to cultivation equipment, fertiliser to finance.
- All crop plot exhibitors can be found on the Cereals website.
- Press passes can be obtained by following the link and using the code PRES20, in the action code box: https://registration.gesevent.com/survey/15pxo4scp74z6.
- If you would like to reserve a press briefing slot to discuss products and services please follow this link: https://www.cerealsevent.co.uk/press-briefing-schedule.