I think it depends on where they are at with their cycling some might need another injectionIf say had 40 suckler cows and usually run a bull but bull no longer a option.
Could house cows for few days,estrumate them and tail paint them and have AI on speed dial for 2 to 4 days later
How successful would that be?
It's not that.I dont want to go into it in public(no offence)Without knowing the reasons why you can’t have a bull but if it’s due to public footpaths. Could you estrumate them then use a bull to cover them then let them out after they have been served.
No worries. I tried to synch a bunch 3 years ago. Got 50% in calf. Possibly had some not hold due to loading them on a trailer and moving them too soon after serving. Have had this theory confirmed by someone my wife has worked with as well.It's not that.I dont want to go into it in public(no offence)
Just looking for quickest option for getting in calf without missing heats
can you illuminate?Even a bull in tip top condition and fertility will only get 70% pregnancies
Bull not an optionI don't know about your specific plan - although it sounds logic enough.
But the little bit of synchronising I've had to do - generally for pedigree stuff- has only got us about 50% across the board.
(mind, if I took out the one batch that only resulted in 10%....things look a bit better.)
I like the above suggestion of housing them with the bull for a few days at the same time...........
Ahh no ai tankWhy bother with the extra costs of jabs when scratch cards and observation morning and evening and AI 12 hours after standing heat will achieve the same or better results? Works here although I do have my own tank, grazing close to the yard.and well trained cows together with a local dairy farmer who will AI on his way past morning and evening. No point in incurring unnecessary costs and a virtually limitless range of genetics available.
I've had one or two 'mis-alliance' estrumates not work. A second shot a month later is a better bet in those cases.Used Estrumate on some pedigree heifers which we discovered had been running with a Rig for the first time.
On reading the instructions we wanted to be sure they went to the Bull as soon as they were cycling, so left them a week after jabbing and put the bull in, presuming it would be another 3 weeks before they would be served. Two of them stood for the bull quite quickly.
My question is will these hold or will it be they will return in a month?